WordPress has been renowned as a tool for building websites and blogs. Thousands of awesome WordPress plugins are also available to give your website some powerful features. But it is a common problem that is encountered by every WordPress user: How to Install A WordPress Plugin? You may be having difficulties in installing the plugin or you may face trouble while activating and using a plugin. I hope after going through this post, you will fix all your plugin installation issues. If you are not sure how to install wp theme installation then visit our article Learn How To Install WordPress Theme From Scratch
How to install a WordPress plugin that’s free
You want to add a plugin to your WordPress website. You search for it in the plugin directory and realize that there are hundreds of plugins that do what you want, but you don’t know which one to choose.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Plugins
- Click on Add New
- Type the name of the functionality you need in search bar and click on Search Plugins
- You will see a list of plugins that match your term. Choose the one with most Installs, good rating and last updated recently
- Click on Install Now, then click on Activate Plugin (if the plugin is incompatible with your version of WordPress, you may not be able to install it)
How to install a premium / paid WordPress plugin
Installing a premium/paid WordPress plugin can be done in following way:
- Download the .zip file with the plugin from the source (e.g. Envato ).
- Go to your WordPress admin -> Plugins -> Add New and click on Upload Plugin.
- Click Choose File and select the .zip file you just downloaded, then click Install Now.
- After successful installation, click Activate Plugin to activate it on your website.
In this post, we've covered some of the basics of installing a wordpress plugin. But again, there's a lot more to learn if you want to dig deeper—and no one is stopping you from doing so. After all, PKTECHGURU is dedicated to helping anyone and everyone make their blog the best it can be.